LIMONCELLO BUNDT CAKE
For the Cake
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup limoncello
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- zest of 2 lemons
For the glaze
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- finely grated lemon and orange (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the 1/3 cup limoncello until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with flour mixture.
- Beat in lemon zest
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched with a finger.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan; invert and cool completely on a rack.
For the Glaze
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar with 2 tablespoons Limoncello until smooth; drizzle over the cake.