If you don’t have the patience to allow your strawberries to ripen a bit and sweeten, a quick cheat is to marinate them in wine. This creates a lovely Strawberry Wine that one cannot deny will go straight to your head. This dessert is perfect alone or with cheese. It is especially delicious with our Angel Food Cake recipe!
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered lengthwise
- 3/4 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups white wine or red wine
- Place strawberries into a medium bowl.
- Dust with sugar, then pour the wine over them.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Let the strawberries stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- Spoon berries into 6 dessert cups, and distribute the remaining wine over the berries.
OPTION: Take the Angel Food Cake, cut into slices and lay the strawberries and wine over the slide. Add a dollop of whipped cream or creme fraiche.